The Biggest and the Meanest of the Greenskins

Black Orcs! They will be the shock unit of my O&G army. The 3rd edition Armies says that the max unit size for these guys is only 10... Why? This is completely absurd. I mean, you can have up to 40 Black Orcs in your army. What's the point to have 4 units of 10? If my opponents agree when time comes to align my Greenskins in a battle, I will have them in a single unit of 20. And they will wear a heavy armour, yes sir! (actually, it's exactly what the minis wear, look below)

The minis come from different periods and manufacturers. We have there old Citadel Black Orcs, some are more recent Citadel ones and the others are Iron Orcs from Knightmare Miniatures.

I have also painted another huge Orc from Knightmare Miniatures (he goes by the name 'Tusker Commander'). This one will either be an individual Black Orc Hero or perhaps a mighty Savage Orc Hero (due to the fact he wears little armour and he looks really wild).

Group Shots



Close-Ups









Movement Tray

Putting them together on their movement tray was quite a challenge... 😣




Bonus - Tusker Commander





Army Shot

While I placed this new unit in my cabinet, I took a picture of the O&G army so far. The space on the left should soon be occupied by Orc Gruntas, Goblin Chariots and maybe a Snotling Pump Wagon.

Comparison with my other painted armies:

Chaos Army - the naked minis on the right (Beastmen and Centaurs) are on the leadpile.

Wood Elf Army

Dwarf Army - the space in the back will perhaps be occupied by some minis I want to paint for the OWAC.

I should soon take these armies out of the cabinet to take some decent pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment