Vikings!

Sailing from the frozen shores of Norsca, the Vikings raid the coasts of the Old World and Albion, leaving a trail of death and destruction in their wake.

This is a new army I'm starting to paint now: the Norse. Actually I had painted some minis for this army years ago (some of the first minis I have painted when I was young): Norse Dwarfs (35 are painted). But the paintjob was so basic and ugly that I might repaint them. We'll see.

The army will be based on the rules for 3rd edition written by Rick Priestley and Nigel Stillman and published in White Dwarf (see below).







 
I will also use these minis in my homemade Norsca campaign for WFRP 1st edition. My players will enjoy having painted Vikings on the table when it's time for combat.
 
The minis are a mix of old Citadel Norse and plastic warriors from Gripping Beast Miniatures.
 

Group Shots





 

Close-Ups


Shield view


Shield view


Shield view


Shield view


Shield view

Bonus

In addition to the Vikings (i.e. the Warrior Bondsmen in the rules), I've painted a powerful Wyrdskryre who goes by the name "Woldvagner the Wise". This is a Red Box Games mini sculpter by Tre Manor. It fits perfectly with the rest of my Norse army.
 





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment