Blood Bowl !

After the Wood Elves, the Thugs and the Ogres I've painted recently, my initial plans were to get back to my Orc & Goblin army. But then I don't know what went wrong... Ah yes, maybe: I found an old Excel file I have created a long time ago and that contains a project of Blood Bowl league based on the second edition of this game (including the new rules from the Blood Bowl Companion book).

This file lists all the teams I can assemble with the BB minis I own (OK... for some teams I need to order some extra minis, which I did this morning... and a complete Norse team and a complete Slann team).

The league will be organized in two conferences (AFC and NFC), each containing three divisions (Central, Eastern and Western). Each division will consist of three teams. So if we sum up these, the result is 18 teams in the league! This will look like this:


 
Each team will play twice against the two other teams of its division, then it will play against each team of its conference. And finally, it will also play three games against random teams of the other conference. So, each team will play a total of 13 games! 😱 

In addition, there will be playoffs at the end of the season to establish who wins the Blood Bowl trophy. The best team (with highest number of victories) of each conference will be exempted of the the playoffs first round. The two other teams of the conference will play a single match and the winner will meet the best team in the conference final. Then the two conference winners meet at the Blood Bowl.

Honestly, I don't know when I will find the time to play these games. But for sure, I will not find 17 opponents. Most of the games will be played solo and some with my family and friends.

But one thing is certain: none of the players will enter the Blood Bowl pitch unpainted!!!

So I better get started 😝. Today I present the first painted BB team: the Elfheim Eagles!!!


The Elfheim Eagles are one of the top Elf teams in the league. They are part of the AFC conference and have won it once as well as the championship (in 2480).

In Blood Bowl 2nd edition, it is said that usually an Elf team is composed of 2 Throwers, 6 Catchers and 8 Linemen. Optionally, the coach may replace up to 2 Catchers with Blitzers on a 1 for 1 basis. Also, he may replace up to 2 Linemen with Kickers on a 1 for 1 basis. Therefore, I've painted 19 players instead of 16 to allow for flexibility in the team composition.

Unfortunately, I didn't build a scenery for Blood Bowl pictures yet. The display is the one I use for fantasy miniatures.

Group Shots








Throwers & Catchers

 Star players are flagged with ★

1) Valen Swift ★ - 2) Soaren Hightower ★ - 4) Highelm Lyrpadre ★ - 3) Ibrahim Golddawn ★


Catchers & Blitzers

5) Fanafriel Cleardawn - 6) Cathdrien Waterfall - 7) Ffarren Branchstrength - 8) Erewine Ar-Khorigan ★


Kicker & Linemen

9) Kerredith Morr - 10) Orion Spangletongue ★ - 11) Tall Erreden - 12) Sussurrus Morr


13) Fennel Tallelm - 14) Oakwarmth Salladrien - 15) Kaprica Rootstem - 16) Ullerien Morr


Benchwarmers

 


No comments:

Post a Comment