Wild Things

Savage Orcs are a must for any Greenskins army. Their impact on the battlefield (provided that they can reach the enemy units and that they fail their cool test to enter frenzy) can be decisive.

At first, I planned to find some 4th edition Savage Orcs on Ebay. I like those minis and they can be found at decent prices. But then, for my Birthday, I received a gift voucher at my local hobby store and I wanted to spend it in another way than buying paints and brushes for once (because I usually don't buy Citadel minis of the most recent editions for several reasons: their price, their exagerated size, shape, etc.).

But I must admit that the Savage Orcs - although huge (twice as big) and over-muscled in comparison with older Orc minis - are particularly well done. I like their 'stone age' equipment, the bones, beasts' teeth and scales/pelts from monsters lurking in the Badlands.

I wanted each of them to be unique. That's why I have used several skin tones and paid particular attention to assemble them in different postures and equipped them with unique sets of hand weapons and shields. At first, I also wanted to add some (blue and red) war paints, but then I renounced because I feared to ruin my paintjob.
 
 
 


















No comments:

Post a Comment