The Last Fimirs

Not the last in the sense "the last representatives of their race" but the last remaining Fimirs I had to paint. At last... 😥. As I said after painting the first batch, I HATE painting these minis (except the three old Citadel ones that are included in this group). But I need them for a WFRP scenario coming soon.

Anyway, now all are done: 1 Meargh, 1 Warlord, 2 Dirachs, 5 Fiana Fimms, 13 Fimm Warriors (incl. a Noble and the contingent standard bearer), 8 Shearls. Today's batch contains 1 Dirach and the Fimm Warriors.

About the basing, I tried (and I think it's achieved) to reproduce the swamps soil. Here are the steps to obtain the same result (let dry between each step):

  1. Apply the Citadel texture Agrellan Earth on the base to create an uneven ground.
  2. Paint the base in a mix of dark brown and olive green.
  3. Wash with Agrax Earthshade (or any dark brown shade).
  4. Dry brush with Valejo Dead Flesh (or any putrid (greenish) flesh tone).
  5. Wash with a yellow greenish (I have used the "Algenmoos Terrain Wash" from Handcraft Tabletop).
  6. Fix green and brown tufts to the base (I have used the "Marshland Set" from Gamers Grass, which is perfectly designed for swamps).
  7. Apply a water effect resin to some areas of the base (I have used "UV Resin" from Green Stuff World, it is excellent as it curs in 10 minutes max when exposed to the sun).
  8. DO NOT varnish with matt varnish, otherwise the water effect will turn like frozen water.

Group Shots



Close-Ups




A Noble (center) is leading this group of Fimm Warriors.





DIrach, ready to sacrifice a poor captive human to his dark gods.



No comments:

Post a Comment