Terror from the Swamp

Fimirs have always been in my list of  miniatures to own some day. I bought a handful from eBay when the price was "decent" (which is rarely the case). Then I found alternative miniatures called "Fomorians" by Krakon Games. I decided to buy them because a) I needed more than a handful to represent a Fimir raiding party in one of the scenarios of my WFRP home-made Norse campaign, and b) because the Fimir can be allies (in WFB 3rd ed.) of Dark Elves, Orcs & Goblins, and Norse! (yes, the Norse army rules established by Rick Priestley and Nigel Stilmann and published once in an old White Dwarf are including the Fimir as allies).

Honestly, the Krakon Games miniatures are quite expensive for resin miniatures and these are not fine sculpts. They are rough and it looks like the mould was either not clean or too much used. I would not recommend this figures unless you don't find the Citadel ones or a good alternative.

I didn't like painting them, except the warlord.

I have 13 more Fimirs to paint, but they will wait until I find the motivation. In the meantime, I will paint some other evil creatures and elementals. And I will surely start painting a new army I own for a veeery long time: the Empire (4th edition miniatures).

Group Shots




Close-Ups

A Fimm warlord, from the noble caste.




A Dirach, lesser spellcaster.



The Meargh, queen of the Fimirs and most powerful spellcaster.





These ones will be considered as Shearls (or thralls) for WFRP (unarmoured slaves that would serve as "scouts" or trackers, For WFB, I will use them as Fimm Warriors.

Shearls.

Shearls

These ones will be Fianna Fimm (+3 shock elite) and bodyguards of the Meargh.

Fianna Fimm


No comments:

Post a Comment