Chaos Champions, Sorcerors (and little friends) and Warriors

Here we go again with Chaos minis. No new unit, but characters and reinforcements for existing units.

As I already painted a Khorne Champion some time ago, I decided to paint one champion per Chaos God. Of course, all of them sculpted by the genious Jes Goodwin. 

Then, I'm also adding two more sorcerors, also sculpted by sir Jes, and accompanied by their pets, Chaos Familiars.

Then, we have 5 Chaos Warriors, including a custom-built standard bearer and a musician, that will join my Chaos Warriors unit to round the total to 20 unit members. And finally, two Thugs Archers. These ones come from DieHard Miniatures (run by two ex-Games Workshop staff: Tim Prow and Chaz Elliot) that have a nice range of old school Chaos minis, including Thugs riding horses! (Citadel never produced these).

Champions

Tzeentch Champion:

I've used this mini in one of my WFRP scenarii, he was going by the name 'Magnar Three-Heads'. Against all odds, my players - Norse warriors - got allied temporarily with him and his warband to destroy a temple dedicated to Nurgle.

Slaanesh Champion:

This one also was a NPC in a WFRP scenario I wrote, he was called 'Fluxcarnal the Irresistible'.

Nurgle Champion:

This one is excellent. He is so mysterious, or disturbing, and one wander what horrible mutation(s) is hidden under his cloak.

Sorcerors and Familiars

Fantastic minis these two also. I particularly like their pose.



Warriors

When I started converting the standard bearer, I realized that he was bearing a breast on his armour and that was clearly identifying him as a follower of Slaanesh... Damned, the Chaos Warriors unit was not meant to follow one of the gods in particular and I planned to give them a pretty neutral banner. But then, it gave me an idea: I would convert three other Chaos Warriors, so I would have three banners, one per Chaos God. I would then switch the standard bearer depending on the situation.

Another of these warriors is following Slaanesh as it bears the god's mark on his torso. The orange and the red/black ones could be following Khorne or no god in particular. Finally, the one bearing bells all over his armour and in the hand will act as the musician of the unit.





Thugs

Nice mutations on these girls, isn't it ? The one with three arms should be allowed to shoot twice per turn, no ? 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment